League Rules (Amended 2017)
- The League shall be known as Mid-Shropshire Senior Citizens Bowling League. ( Sponsored by Peter Morris Cars Ltd)
- The executive shall consist of one member from each team registered in the League.
- Officers shall be President, Chairman, V/Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, Fixture Secretary and Competition Secretary to-be elected at the A G M.
- A sub -Committee of four shall be elected at the A G M to assist the management in dealing with disputes.
- The formation and number of teams per division shall be decided at the A G M.
- Annual Fees and Competition Fees shall be decided at the A G M.
- (a) All Clubs shall 14 days prior to the first fixture send the Fixture Secretary a list of all their registered bowlers complete with Fore Name and B.C.G.B.A. numbers. All registrations after this date must be sent to the Fixture Secretary 7 days prior to the player taking part.
7 (b) Transfer of player or players to another club in the League will not be allowed after the 30th June of that season and this being subject to there not being any reason to prevent this ie, money owing to club or league, or any disciplinary reason. The player will also be cup- tied if they have previously played in the competition.
- Each team shall play all other teams in the same division, Home and Away Games 21 up.
- (a) Teams shall consist of 6 Male bowlers who have reached the age of 65 and are registered with the B.C.G.B.A. and registered with the Fixture Secretary 7 days prior to first game.
9 (b) Each Club with more than (1) one team in the same division shall nominate a list of (4) four players for each team who will only be allowed to play for that team during the season. Any deviation from this Rule shall be at the discretion of the Fixture Secretary. Registration of these nominated players must be given to the Fixture Secretary at least 7 days before commence of season.
- One point will be awarded for each individual win and (2) two points for the highest aggregate, one point to each team if aggregates are even, highest number of points will be declared Divisional Winners if points are even, highest aggregate shall decide.
- All league games to commence at 2-00 pm, the exception being any club having two (2) games on one green on the same day must commence at 1-30pm (discretion can be used to commence earlier if agreed by both clubs).
- No player may play for two different teams within 7 days. the only exception is in previously cancelled matches which have been re-arranged and players from the clubs lower division can be selected if needed.
- The home captain or (representative) to insert result of the match on the web site within 48 hours of match being played, all results cards must be checked by both captains as an agreed results and signed by both accordingly, any discrepancies arising from this result must be agreed and resolved at the end of the match.
- All matches must be played on or before scheduled date if due to (1) inclement weather (2) Bereavement within the club (3) green or players involved in National or County competitions any game not started or completed the home side will provide 3 dates for the fixture to be played within 21 days. Failure to do so, the sub- committee will give a date for the fixture to be played and this decision will be final.
- (a) Any Club postponing a fixture for any other reason not covered in rule 14 shall have 4 points deducted from their accrued total and Must be played within 14 days, or will be given a date by the sub-committee and this decision will be final.
15 (b) Any Team not turning up for League or Cup Fixtures with out prior notification will be fined £10.00.
- The following Officers of the League shall be remunerated for their work during the season. This will be subject to approval at the AGM. Officers, Secretary, Treasurer, Fixture Secretary and Competition Secretary.
- Any club has a right to appeal to any decision made by the Management Committee or sub- committee of the league and should do so in writing to the league secretary with in 7 days from the date of the decision being made.
- All propositions for the A G M in (January) must be notified to the league secretary 7 days prior to the General Meeting in (November)
- (a) That Senior Citizens Sections (within their Club ) hold their A G M before the League hold their A G M.
19 (b). The League A G M shall start at 1.30pm
- (a) Other matters not covered in these rules shall be dealt with by the Committee.
The Committee is the sole interpreter of these Rules.
20 (b). Bad language and Disruptive Behaviour will not be tolerated by this League any Club or individual will be dealt with accordingly by the Management Committee for any infringement of this rule.
- Abuse or Intimidation of League Officers will not be tolerated, anyone found guilty of such action will be investigated by the League which could result in a fine or suspension for both Club and player.
- The Duration of the Office of the President to be a period of Three (3) Years.
- Code of Conduct. All players and Clubs has a responsibility to conduct themselves in a respectful and gentlemanly manner at all times during matches and also whilst supporting their colleagues during the game. any abuse will not be tolerated and should this arise will be dealt with by the Committee in a strong and forceful manner.